Your weekly roundup of the hottest travel links across the net:
1. If you weren’t afraid of flying before, you will be after you have a gander at these pictures of the world’s scariest airports! FYI, the picture in this post is of Princess Juliana Airport on the island of St Maarten.
2. Hotels that pay you to spend the night? It sounds too good to be true, but the InterContinental Hotel Group (which includes chains like Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza) is offering holiday-makers in the US a $75 pre-paid card for any stay that includes two consecutive weekend nights. You can claim up to $300 in rewards, but you do have to be a US resident to get the deal.
3. Makeup products and summer travel just don’t seem to get along. Everything always ends up melting off your face, and that’s if it even makes it there in the first place – most products seem to find themselves crushed up in your luggage or oozing all over it. If this sounds like you, then have a look at this guide to travel-friendly makeup.
4. Hopefully the days of watching family-friendly, B-grade comedies on flights will soon be over. American Airlines is trialing a system that will let you stream video from your laptop or ipad.
5. Do you think visitors to Las Vegas should be able to gamble in their hotel rooms? That’s exactly what one gaming company is pushing for.
6. First class seats on flights always seem tantalizingly out of reach. Now, you don’t have to let those curtains separate you from the high fliers – read here about how you can upgrade to first class on flights within the US for as little as $70.
7. Think you’ve seen everything? Check out these not so average travel snaps.
8. If you plan to travel with your pet, make sure you read this first. Some pooches have been turned away at the airport simply because they were a mixed breed.
9. Did you know that you’re meant to put your wrists on the dinner table in Russia or that you should slurp your noodles in Japan? No? Well read this article about dining etiquette around the world.